Application for the 2018-2019 Academic Year
The application for the 2018-2019 Graduate Hall Director position is now open. Apply here!
GHD Application & Selection Process
To apply for a GHD position, please submit the following:
- Resume: Please include 3 references with your resume
- Cover letter
- In your cover letter please make sure to note any Resident Adviser or Residence Life experience, emergency crisis response experience, supervisory experience, and hall council/student group advising experience. Please also be sure to highlight any other experiences that may translate or be relevant to the GHD position as outlined in the Graduate Hall Director position description.
The GHD recruitment & selection process involves two rounds of interviews. All First Round Interviews will be conducted over the phone. Second Round Interviews can also be conducted over the phone; however, if applicants are going to be in the NYC area, it is preferred that candidates come to campus to meet in-person.
GHD Application & Selection Timeline
- GHD Priority Application Deadline: Friday, February 23
- GHD Application Final Deadline: Friday, March 30 at 5pm
- Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to applicants who apply by the February 23 deadline.
- Note: Applicants will not receive email confirmation after applying. The confirmation message displayed upon submission indicates that the application has been received.
- Select candidates will participate in First Round Interviews in late February and March.
- Applicants that do not receive First Round Interviews will be informed by Tuesday, April 3.
- Select candidates from First Round Interviews will move on to Second Round Interviews that will be ongoing throughout March and April.
- All final decisions will go out by Monday, April 16.
- Candidates will have until Monday, April 23 to accept or decline the GHD position offer.
GHD Recruitment and Selection Materials
For questions regarding the GHD position, please first consult the Graduate Hall Director position description and FAQs. If you have further questions about the position or selection process, please contact Joey Kopriva, Associate Director of Residential Life, at email@example.com.