Applications for 2020–21 graduate hall directors are now closed.
Each year, Residential Life selects a motivated and engaged team of graduate hall directors (GHDs) who work with our student staff and student leaders to maintain a supportive and inclusive environment within our residence halls. Additionally, the GHDs work with their fellow staff members to offer educational opportunities that foster an enriching student experience for all of our residents. Our team of GHDs supports the mission, vision and values of Residential Life in their work within our campus community and in their work supervising our undergraduate student staff.
If you have further questions about the position or selection process, please contact Ben Jones, Associate Director of Residential Life, at email@example.com.
To apply for the GHD position, please submit the following:
- Resume (upload to application)
- Please include the contact information for three references in your resume.
- Note: You should not submit letters of recommendation
- Cover letter (upload to application)
- In your cover letter please make sure to note any resident adviser or Residence Life experience, emergency crisis response experience, supervisory experience and/or hall council/student group advising experience; please also be sure to highlight any other experiences that may translate or be relevant to the GHD position as outlined in the position description
The GHD recruitment and selection process involves two rounds of interviews. All first round Interviews will be conducted over the phone. Second round Interviews can also be conducted over video platform; however, if applicants are going in the NYC area, we prefer that candidates come to campus to meet in person.
- Application Priority Deadline: Friday, February 21 at 9:00 a.m.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; priority will be given to applicants who apply by the deadline
- Application Final Deadline: Friday, March 27
- First Round Interview Notifications: Late February/Early March
- All applicants will be notified of whether or not they receive an interview on Friday, April 3
- Second Round Interviews: March and Early April
- Final Notification: Friday, April 10
- All applicants will receive either a position offer, a spot on the wait list or a notification that they were not selected by Friday, April 10
- Acceptance Deadline: Friday, April 17
- Applicants will have until Friday, April 17 to accept or decline their offer