Application for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
The Graduate Hall Director Committee is no longer accepting GHD applications for the 2016-2017 academic year.
GHD Application & Selection Process
To apply for a GHD position, please submit the following:
- Resume: Please include your references with your resume
- Cover letter:
- If you are applying for the Graduate Hall Director position: In your cover letter please make sure to note any Resident Adviser or Residence Life experience, emergency crisis response experience, supervisory experience, and hall council advisory experience. Please also make sure to highlight any other experiences that may translate or be relevant to the GHD position as outlined in the Graduate Hall Director position description.
- If you are applying for the Fraternity & Sorority Life Graduate Hall Director position: In your cover letter please highlight any Resident Adviser or Residence Life experience, emergency crisis response experience, any organization affiliation, chapter leadership experience, or council leadership experience that you may have. Please also make sure to highlight any other experiences that may translate or be relevant to the FSL GHD position as outlined in the FSL Graduate Hall Director position description.
The GHD recruitment & selection process involves two rounds of interviews. All First Round Interviews will be conducted over the phone. Second Round Interviews can also be conducted over the phone; however, if applicants are going to be in the NYC area it is preferred that candidates come to campus to meet in-person.
GHD Application & Selection Timeline
- GHD Priority Application Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2016
- GHD Application Final Deadline: Friday, April 15, 2016
- Note: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and priority will be given to applicants who apply by the April 1 deadline
- Select candidates will participate in First Round Interviews between Monday, March 14 – Friday, April 22
- Applicants that do not receive First Round Interviews will be informed by Friday, April 22
- Select candidates from First Round Interviews will move on to Second Round Interviews that will be ongoing throughout March and April
- All final decisions will go out by Tuesday, May 10
- Candidates will have until Tuesday, May 17 to accept or decline the GHD position offer
GHD Recruitment and Selection Materials
- GHD Position Description
- GHD Fraternity and Sorority Life Position Description
- Graduate Hall Director: Frequently Asked Questions
For questions regarding the GHD position, please first consult the Graduate Hall Director position description. If you have further questions about the position or selection process you can contact Zaibis Munoz (email@example.com) for additional information.