CMI is currently still accepting Mentee applications for those interested in the following family trees:
- Arab & Middle Eastern Family Tree
- Indigenous Family Tree
- LGBTQ Family Tree
- Mixed Heritage Family Tree
Once a family tree reaches capacity, applications will close. Interested students should apply as soon as possible.
Applications for all other family trees - Asian Family Tree, Black Family Tree, International Family Tree and Latinx Family Tree - are now closed.
All incoming first-year and transfer students enrolled in Columbia College or Columbia Engineering are eligible to apply.
Mentees receive access to a support network that is dedicated to your success at Columbia. As a mentee, you will be part of a community of first-year and transfer students, upperclassmen and alumni. Through the program, you will have the chance to bond with an experienced mentor, create long-lasting relationships with the other members of your family tree, learn about life after Columbia at our alumni events and gain support from your classmates as you participate in programs that build community and highlight the intersections of identities. Learn more about Columbia Mentoring Initiative.
Mentees participate in the following ways:
- Mentor Match: All mentees are matched with an experienced mentor for one-on-one support and are expected to meet virtually with their mentor two times per month.
- Family Tree Events: Attend virtual socials, discussions and many more fun (free) activities hosted by your family tree co-chairs, two returning students who guide, support and help your family tree bond throughout the year.
- CMI-Wide Community: Participate in programs that bring together students from all family trees and create a network across the CMI community.
Note: Selected mentees must attend the virtual CMI Kick-Off Event in late September. Date and time to be announced.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.