NSOP 2022: Important DatesAugust 27: Move in for International Students and optional Bag DropAugust 28: Move in for Domestic Students, Convocation, and Family Orientation
August 28—September 5: New Student Orientation Program
The New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) is your first opportunity to experience life as a Columbia student! NSOP will help you feel at home in Morningside Heights, become familiar with academic and co-curricular opportunities, learn about campus traditions, understand how to access campus resources and support services, and meet your Columbia community.
Student Cohort Information
NSOP, required for all new students, begins your transition to the excitement, opportunities and rigor of campus life. It is the first step of many designed to help you acclimate.
Key Program Aims
- Transition to college life, both academically and socially
- Develop a sense of what it means to be a Columbian
- Learn about life in New York City
- Introduce the diverse, inclusive community at Columbia
- Understand the available resources and support on campus
Countdown to Columbia
Check the Countdown to Columbia website for your to-do list for move-in, orientation, and the start of classes. Explore the site for information, resources, and ways to engage with your new community.