Any event in a University Brownstone meeting one or more of the following criteria must be registered through Residential Life and/or the Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA):
- Intercultural Resource Center Events
- Q-House Events
- Special Interest Community Events
- Backyard Access is requested
- Events with Amplified Sound
- Events which would normally require an Event Review through University Events Management
- Events where non-members will be in attendance
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Alumni/Alumnae Events; Guest list required (does not count toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Brotherhood/Sisterhood/Members Only Events (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Inter-Chapter Mixers; Guest list required (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Invitation Party; Guest list required (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
Please note that no more than three (3) events per weekend day/night (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) may occur across all brownstones (with the exception of Homecoming and Bacchanal).
Events are approved on a first come, first served basis.
Backyard events after 10:00PM will not be approved.
Invitation Parties will require a walk-through prior to the event.
No organization or brownstone may have more than one (1) registered event per weekend and no more than a total of ten (10) per semester. Within the fraternity and sorority community community, the 10 events per semester limit include: Brotherhood/Sisterhood/Members Only events, Inter-Chapter Mixers, and Invitation Parties.
This Event Registration Request Form will be reviewed by members of the Residential Life and/or Office of Multicultural Affairs staff for approval.
Events requests will only be considered if submitted no later than 12:00pm five business days from the date of the event (a Thursday program MUST be submitted by noon on Friday of the previous week; a Friday or Saturday program must be submitted by noon on Monday).
Events are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
The event coordinator will be notified of approval, request for modification, or denial, via email, no later than Wednesday before the date of the requested event.
The event coordinator will be notified if an event review is required to determine whether or not a walk-through or Public Safety presence is required at the event, via email, no later than Wednesday the week after this form is submitted.
Residential Life and/or Office of Multicultural Affairs staff will notify appropriate campus partners (e.g. on-call staff, Public Safety) of all approved events no later than Wednesday the week of the event.