Any event in a University Brownstone meeting one or more of the following criteria must be registered through Residential Life and/or Multicultural Affairs:
- Intercultural Resource Center Events
- Q-House Events
- Special Interest Community Events
- Backyard Access is requested
- Events with Amplified Sound
- Events which would normally require an Event Review through University Events Management
- Events where non-members will be in attendance
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Brotherhood/Sisterhood/Members Only Events (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Inter-Chapter Mixers (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: BYOB Invite Parties (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Alcohol-Free Invite Parties (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Philanthropy Events (counts toward the 10 per semester limit)
- Fraternity & Sorority Life: Recruitment Events
Please note that no more than two (2) events per weekend day/night (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) may occur across all brownstones (with the exception of Homecoming and Bacchanal). Events are permitted on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings from 9pm-12am and on Saturday afternoons from 12m-3pm. All attendees must abide by the University's COVID-19 guidelines.
Events are approved on a first come, first served basis.
No organization or brownstone may have more than one (1) registered event per weekend and no more than total of ten (10) per semester. Within the fraternity and sorority community, the 10 events per semester limit include: Brotherhood/Sisterhood/Members Only events, Inter-Chapter Mixers, BYOB Invite Parties, Alcohol-Free Invite Parties, and Philanthropy Events.
This Event Registration Request Form will be reviewed by members of the Residential Life and/or Office of Multicultural Affairs staff for approval.
Events requests will only be considered if submitted no later than 12:00pm five business days from the date of the event (a Thursday program MUST be submitted by noon on Friday of the previous week; a Friday or Saturday program must be submitted by noon on Monday).
Events are approved on a first-come, first-served basis.
The event coordinator will be notified of approval, request for modification, or denial, via email, no later than Wednesday before the date of the requested event.
The event coordinator will be notified if an event review is required to determine whether or not a walk-through or Public Safety presence is required at the event, via email, no later than Wednesday the week after this form is submitted.
Residential Life and/or Office of Multicultural Affairs staff will notify appropriate campus partners (e.g. on-call staff, Public Safety) of all approved events no later than Wednesday the week of the event.