The Graduate Hall Director application is now closed! We will not be accepting any more applications at this time.
Each year, Residential Life selects a motivated and engaged team of graduate hall directors (GHDs) who work with our resident advisers and student leaders to maintain a supportive and inclusive environment within our residence halls. Additionally, the GHDs work to offer educational opportunities that foster an enriching student experience for all of our residents. Our GHDs support the mission, vision and values of Residential Life in their work within our campus community and in supporting our undergraduate students and RAs.
If you have further questions about the position or selection process, please contact Assistant Director of Residential Life Haley Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the GHD position, please submit the following:
- Resume (upload to application)
- Please include the contact information for three references in your resume
- Note: You should not submit letters of recommendation
- Cover letter (upload to application)
- In your cover letter please make sure to note any resident adviser or Residence Life experience, crisis response/student support experience, oversight experience and/or hall council/student group advising experience; please also be sure to highlight any other experiences that may translate or be relevant to the GHD position as outlined in the position description
The GHD recruitment and selection process involves two rounds of interviews. All first round Interviews will be conducted over the phone. Second round Interviews will be conducted via virtual video conferencing.
Important Dates and Deadlines
The priority deadline is Monday, February 27 at 9:00 a.m. EST. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; priority will be given to applicants who apply by this deadline.
The final deadline to apply is Monday, March 20 at 9:00 a.m. EST.
First Round Interview Notifications
First round interview notifications will take place in February/early March. All applicants will be notified of whether or not they receive an interview by Friday, April 1.
Second Round Interviews
Second round interviews will take place in March and early April.
Final notifications will take place on Friday, April 7. All applicants will receive either a position offer, a spot on the wait list or a notification that they were not selected by Friday, April 7.
Applicants will have until Friday, April 14 to accept or decline their offer.