Thank you for your interest in becoming a resident adviser! The application for 2023-24 will open on 10/24/22 and close at 11:59 pm on 11/28/22. No late applications will be accepted.
Please be sure to read all requirements and qualifications before you submit your application.
Questions? Please contact Joe Barrette at email@example.com.
To apply for a resident adviser position, you must complete:
- Attend an information session
- A resident adviser application
- An individual interview
- A group interview
Resident adviser applicants must be:
- Current full-time first-years, sophomores or juniors in Columbia College or Columbia Engineering
- Guaranteed undergraduate housing
- Available for August training and move-in
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- In good behavioral standing
- Attendance at mandatory NSOP programs during your first year at Columbia: As we welcome students into Columbia during NSOP, we require attendance to several NSOP programs (Under1Roof, Title IX, Bystander Intervention). As prospective student leaders, we feel it's imperative that any future RA has attended these important programs.
- Not found responsible for violations of the Gender-Based Misconduct Policy
Additionally, applicants for a Fraternity or Sorority Life resident adviser position must not be their organization's president.