Commonly Used Forms

This section contains forms and documents your student group will need to complete various types of transactions for events and activities. Each document includes a brief description of its function and purpose.

Cash Advance FormUse this form to request a cash or travel advance
Certificate of Insurance (Sample)Provide this sample certificate of insurance (COI) to vendors as an example of our minimum coverage requirements per our professional services guide
Columbia University W-9/Taxpayer IdentificationProvide this form to vendors upon request for verification of Columbia's 501(c)(3) status
Deposit FormUse this form to deposit cash, checks, and wire transfers into your student group or administrative unit's account
Gift/Prize Recipient FormComplete this form after you purchase any gifts, prizes or awards 
Hertz Damage Report Form Use this form to report damage to a rental vehicle 
How to Read Overdraft-Fund Balance ReportsUse this guide to help you understand overdraft-fund balance reports
Independent Contractor CertificationProvide this form to independent contractors per our professional services guide
Lerner Hall Guest List TemplateSubmit this guest list to your adviser no later than two days prior to your event. Please check in with your adviser regarding vaccination requirements for guests.
Licensed Promotional VendorsRefer to this list to find approved vendors for promotional product purchases
List of Master Service AgreementsRefer to this list for approved venues as you plan your student group event
Performance AgreementComplete this form when you wish to hire a performer (individuals only)
Petty Cash Request FormUse this form to request a cash bag for your fundraising event
Release AgreementProvide this form to service providers per our professional services guide
Scope of WorkComplete this form per our professional services guide
Speaker AgreementUse this form when you wish to hire a speaker
Student P-Card FormUse this form as a cover sheet to reconcile your P-Card
Student Photography Release Use this release form if you are a member of a photography organization on campus per our professional services guide
Tax Exemption Certificate (New York)Provide this form to vendors per Columbia's tax exemption requirements
Travel Agreement Form for MinorsUpload this form with your domestic travel form submission (for students under 18 at time of departure)
USL Preferred Vendors ListRefer to this list to find vendors who accept purchase request forms as payment
W-8/W-9Download blank tax forms for vendor setup and other processes

Undergraduate Student Life


505-515 Alfred Lerner Hall
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027

Call: 212-854-3612

Office Hours
9:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.

Student Groups & Events

Get your student group news and event information and manage your group memberships.

LionLink Logo

Go to Live Well | Learn Well