Undergraduate Student Life is comprised of Multicultural Affairs, Residential Life, and Student Engagement, three unique areas that work toward a common mission and shared goals. Together, we support students in a variety of unique and complementary ways. Our mission is to foster a vibrant and welcoming community through organizational advising, leadership development, advocacy, diversity education, community programming and civic engagement.
While each office is distinct, collectively we offer a variety of programs, services, resources, and leadership opportunities that:
- Promote an inclusive community that values mutual respect, appreciation and acceptance of various identities
- Encourage individual students and groups to act responsibly and accept accountability for their words, actions and behaviors
- Provide experiences for students to identify goals, discover passions, and enhance personal, interpersonal, and professional skills
- Create opportunities for students to develop connections with our campus, the Columbia community, alumni, New York City, and the global community
- Collaborate with students in creating, maintaining, and further enhancing community traditions
- Advocate for, support, and inform students of available resources to help empower them
- Encourage participation in activities that promote community standards and social responsibility
We look forward to working with students through our countless community events; leadership, cultural, and civic engagement programs and opportunities; and as supportive advisers to students and student organizations on campus.