Columbia-Supported Travel is any trip outside of New York City that meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Columbia resources (including student-group funds) are used to pay for or aid some aspect of your travel - food, transportation, conference fees, lodging, etc.
- Any student(s) traveling in the name of Columbia University, as a part of a program, class, student group, or any other situation where a group/individual traveling is presenting itself/his-herself as representatives of Columbia University
In order to use Columbia resources or the Columbia name when you travel, you must follow the travel policies and procedures outlined on this website.
- Regardless of where you are going, if you’re traveling outside of New York City you need to fill out and submit an appropriate Student Travel Form.
- The Travel Planning Timelines can help you figure out what you need to do and when you need to do it.
- Your adviser can help you with even the simplest trips - reviewing your plans and logistics, discussing trip budgets, assessing possible risks, and letting you know about helpful resources and required documentation. Reach out to your adviser as early in the planning process as possible!