Columbia College | Columbia Engineering

Undergraduate Student Life

Student Travel

Columbia-Supported Travel

Columbia-Supported Travel is any trip outside of New York City that meets at least one of the criteria below:

  • Columbia resources (including student-group funds) are used to pay for or aid some aspect of your travel - food, transportation, conference fees, lodging, etc.
  • Any student(s) traveling in the name of Columbia University, as a part of a program, class, student group, or any other situation where a group/individual traveling is presenting itself/his-herself as representatives of Columbia University

In order to use Columbia resources or the Columbia name when you travel, you must follow the travel policies and procedures outlined on this website.

  • Regardless of where you are going, if you’re traveling outside of New York City you need to fill out and submit an appropriate Student Travel Form.
  • The Travel Planning Timelines can help you figure out what you need to do and when you need to do it.
  • Your adviser can help you with even the simplest trips - reviewing your plans and logistics, discussing trip budgets, assessing possible risks, and letting you know about helpful resources and required documentation.  Reach out to your adviser as early in the planning process as possible!

Undergraduate Student Life


510-515 Alfred Lerner Hall
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027

Call: (212) 854-3612

Fax: (212) 854-9801

Office Hours
9:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.

Student Groups & Events

Get your student group news and event information and manage your group memberships.