The Spring 2020 Urban NY lottery will be open for entries from Tuesday, January 21–Wednesday, January 29. Enter the Urban NY lottery!
Please note we have new standby procedures for the 2019–20 academic year.
What is Urban New York?
Urban New York provides an opportunity for students in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering to experience the cultural, artistic and unique world that New York City has to offer, to connect with faculty and staff outside of the classroom and to make connections across our larger community, meeting students from across both campuses during a night of fun and entertainment. Through Urban NY you can win free tickets to attend a variety of events around New York City! Past events have included Broadway shows, tourist attractions, sporting events, group dinners, operas, dance performances, interactive tours, comedy shows, poetry nights and more!
Three lotteries are held during the academic year: One in the fall semester and two in the spring semester. The first lottery is in the fall and is open to new first-year, transfer, visiting and combined plan undergraduate students. In the spring, a general lottery is held, open to all undergraduate class years as well as a senior lottery open to seniors in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering only. Each event will provide tickets for up to 20 winners. A trip leader and a faculty or staff representative will accompany the participants.
Ready to enter? Check out the rules and regulations.
Reach out to email@example.com for any Urban NY related questions.
- Join the Urban New York Facebook
- Join the Urban New York Mailing List
Having trouble registering for a lottery?
There are various reasons you may not be able to register:
- The lottery may not be open and/or has already closed
- If you are a past winner but did not attend the trip, you are blocked and ineligible from being able to register.
- You do not qualify to enter in the current lottery (e.g you are a first-year trying to register for the senior lottery)
- You are not a currently enrolled undergraduate student in Columbia College or Columbia Engineering
- Students are only allowed to win one Urban NY trip throughout their time at Columbia University,so winners are ineligible to register or win for further lotteries (e.g. if you win as a first-year, you are no longer able to register for any lotteries throughout your next four years)
If the above reasons do not apply to you and you are still experiencing difficulty registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your first and last name, UNI, class standing, your school and a short description of the issue. Please give the Urban New York team one to two business days to reply and two to five business days to resolve your issue.
Note: It can take one to five days for the Urban New York Team to address and resolve technical registration issues. If you reach out with an issue a few days before the lottery closes, our team cannot guarantee the problem will be fixed before the lottery closes. Please be proactive and register for the lottery well in advance.