Urban NY Fall 2018 First Year & New Student Lottery is Now Closed! Stay Tuned for the Spring Lotteries!
The Fall Lottery is now closed. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the list of events. If you didn't win, no worries, you can always try you luck with standby, see the Rules and Regulations tab for more info!
What is Urban New York?
Urban New York provides an opportunity for students in Columbia College, Columbia Engineering and Barnard College to experience the cultural, artistic and unique world that New York City has to offer, to connect with faculty and staff outside of the classroom, and to make connections across our larger community, meeting students from across both campuses during a night of fun and entertainment. Through Urban NY you can win free tickets to attend a variety of events around New York City! Past events have included Broadway shows, tourist attractions, sporting events, group dinners, operas, dance performances, interactive tours, comedy shows, poetry nights and more!
Three lotteries are held during the academic year: one in the fall semester and two in the spring semester. The first lottery is in the fall and is open to first-year, transfer, visiting, and combined plan NEW undergraduate students. In the spring, a General Lottery is held, open to all undergraduate class years, and a Senior Lottery open to seniors in Columbia College and the School of Engineering only. Each event will provide tickets for up to 20 winners and will have a trip leader and an accompanying faculty or staff representative.
Check out the Rules and Regulations for FAQ
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any Urban NY related questions
- Join the Urban New York Facebook
- Join the Urban New York Mailing List (If at any time you wish to unsubscribe, email urbanny@columbia with your first name, last name and UNI)
Having trouble registering for a lottery?
There are various reason you may not be able to register:
The lottery may not be open and/or has already closed
- If you are a past winner but did not attend the trip, you are blocked and ineligible from being able to register.
- You do not qualify to enter in the current lottery (EX. if you are a first year trying to register for the Senior lottery)
- You are not a currently enrolled undergraduate student in CC, SEAS, or BC; the lottery is only open to students in these schools
- Students are only allowed to win 1 Urban NY trip through-out their time at BC or Columbia University. Winners are ineligible to register or win for further lotteries (Ex. If you win as a first-year during the Fall First-year lottery, you are no-longer able to register for any lotteries throughout your next 4 years)
If the above reason do not apply to you and you are still experiencing difficulty registering, please email email@example.com with your first and last name, UNI, class standing, your school, and a short description of the issue. Please attached or forward any screen shots you think may be relevant. Please give the Urban New York team 1-2 business days to reply and 2-5 business days for any glitches to be resolved.
*Please Note: It can take 1-5 days for the Urban N Team and CCIT to address and resolve technical registration issues. If students experiencing issues reach out a few days before the lottery closes, our team cannot guarantee the problem will be fixed before the lottery closes, which may impact the students ability to register. Please be proactive and register for the lottery well in advance.