Residential Life employs 146 students as resident advisers (RAs). Among the entire population of 5,500 undergraduate students, our RAs emerge as leaders within the Columbia community. RAs develop a healthy community by focusing on the growth and development of each individual on their hall and promote an environment conducive to the overall wellness needs of residents. RAs are creative and energetic students who are strong team players and great listeners.
Interested in becoming a resident adviser for 2020–21? Read the guidelines below and submit your resident adviser application. The deadline to apply is Thursday, October 31 at 11:59 p.m.
Questions about the resident adviser position? Please contact John Rowell at email@example.com.
To become a resident adviser you must complete:
- A resident adviser application
- An individual interview
- A group interview (RAISE sessions)
Resident adviser applicants must be:
- Current full-time first-years, sophomores or juniors in Columbia College or Columbia Engineering
- Guaranteed undergraduate housing
- In good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- In good behavioral standing
- In good community standing
- Not found responsible for violations of the Gender-Based Misconduct Policy
Additionally, applicants for a Fraternity or Sorority Life resident adviser position must not be their organization's president.
Want to learn more about becoming a resident adviser? Attend one of the information sessions below:
- Monday, October 14, 4:00–5:00 p.m., in John Jay Lounge
- Wednesday, October 16, 6:00–7:00 p.m., in Broadway 14E
- Thursday, October 17, 6:00–7:00 p.m., in Wallach Sky
- Monday, October 21, 6:00–7:00 p.m., in Schapiro Lounge