Orientation leader applications are now open for Spring 2022! The deadline to apply is Tuesday, November 2 at 11:59 p.m.
Orientation leaders (OLs) and the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) help new Visiting and Exchange students transition smoothly into the Columbia community. For spring orientation, OLs will work with a group of mostly international and some domestic students as they transition to life at Columbia and in New York City. OLs interact directly with new students through assigned groups, communicate and meet with these new students about NSOP events and offer advice and encouragement. Due to COVID-19 regulations, OLs are encouraged to be flexible.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Orientation Leader Expectations
- Always maintain a positive attitude toward Columbia University and NSOP
- Assist new students with any questions that they might have during and after NSOP; this does not mean always having the answer but can mean connecting students to others who can help them as well
- Attend OL training beginning on Monday, January 10 at noon–Tuesday, January 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- Be present, flexible, and available during the entire NSOP program from Wednesday, January 12 at 9:00 a.m.–Sunday, January 16 at 11:59 p.m.
- Keep in touch with new students during their time at Columbia