The deadline to apply for crew captain positions for the 2020 New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) is Monday, January 27 at noon.
Please note that if you are a resident adviser; have a role in COÖP, ISOP, or CUE; or are an Under1Roof facilitator or consent facilitator, then you are unable to be a crew captain due to scheduling conflicts.
If you are studying abroad during Spring 2020, please apply through our study abroad crew captain application.
If you are a Barnard student, please see the Barnard crew chief information and application.
Questions? Please email email@example.com.
Important Dates and Expectations
- Attend an individual interview that will be scheduled between Wednesday, February 19–Friday, February 21
- Always maintain a positive attitude towards Columbia University and NSOP
- Respect and follow the directions of the NSOP committee and the NSOP staff
- Attend the NSOP Crew Captain Meet-and-Greet on Friday, March 6 from 1:30–2:30 p.m.
- Attend the NSOP Study Break on Wednesday, May 6 from 2:00–4:00 p.m.
- Move-in early for fall training on Monday, August 24, 9:00 a.m.–noon.
- Be available at all times for training and assignments throughout the duration of NSOP, which concludes on Monday, September 7
- Note: Schedules and assignments will not be available until move in; although there will be free time, crew captains should expect to work every day of NSOP