We are currently accepting applications for NSOP crew chiefs. Please log-in using your UNI and password. All CC and SEAS students should be able to log into the system. The log-in is located in the upper right hand corner of this page. If you have any questions, please email the NSOP staff. Please note that if you are not selected to be a crew chief and still would like to be considered to be an orientation leader, you can select to do so in the application form. You do not need to submit an additional application for the orientation leader position.
Please note that if you are an Resident Adviser; have a role in COÖP, ISOP, or CUE; or are an Under1Roof facilitator or consent facilitator, then you are unable to be a crew chief due to scheduling conflicts.
We do accept applications from students who are studying abroad during spring 2017. See the Study Abroad Application for the separate application process.
If you are a Barnard student, please see the Barnard crew chief information and application.
Important Dates and Expectations for crew chiefs:
- Attend a group interview session on Tuesday, February, 14, 2017 at 8:30 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. as scheduled.
- Attend an individual interview that will be scheduled between Tuesday, February, 21-Thursday, February 23, 2017.
- Always maintain a positive attitude towards Columbia University and NSOP.
- Respect and follow the directions of the NSOP committee and the NSOP staff.
- Attend the NSOP Crew Chief Meet-and-Greet on Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Attend the NSOP Study Break on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Move in early for fall training on Monday August 21, 2017 between 9:00 a.m. and noon.
- Be available at all times for training and assignments throughout the duration of NSOP, which concludes on Monday, September 4, 2017. Schedules and assignments will not be available until move in. Although there will be free time, crew chiefs should expect to work every day of NSOP.