As you complete this application, please keep in mind that the New Student Orientation Program welcomes all new students, including first-year, transfer, visiting, and combined plan. The application will close on Monday, January 23, 2017 at 12:00 p.m.
Looking for the Barnard Committee application?
Compensation for 2017 NSOP Committee
- Free housing during interim periods and summer terms
- $4,500 stipend to be paid throughout the summer (an additional $500 for NSOP Student Chair)
- Two weeks off during the summer
Important Dates and Expectations for 2017 NSOP Committee
Please review the important dates and information for the 2017 NSOP committee. Students must be available for ALL dates listed below to be considered for the positions.
- Always maintain a positive attitude towards Columbia University and NSOP.
- Respect and follow the directions of the NSOP staff.
- Participate in the interview process for crew chiefs when class schedules do not conflict.
- Attend the OL Group Interview and Information session on Sunday, March 5 from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Participate in OL interview process Thursday, March 23-Thursday, March 30 when class schedules do not conflict.
- Attend the NSOP Crew Chief Meet-and-Greet on Thursday, March 2, 2017 from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Attend the NSOP Study Break on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Attend off-campus retreat from Tuesday, May 30-Thursday, June 1, 2017.
- Live on campus during the summer when not on scheduled vacation break.
- Be available at all times for training and assignments throughout the duration of NSOP, which concludes on Monday, September 4, 2017. Schedules and assignments will not be available until move-in. Although there will be free time, committee members should expect to work every day of NSOP.