Applications for New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) orientation leaders are now open! The deadline to apply is Friday, February 14 at noon.
Please note that if you are a resident adviser (RA); have a role in COÖP, ISOP or CUE; or are an Under1Roof facilitator or consent facilitator, then you are unable to be an orientation leader due to scheduling conflicts.
If you are studying abroad during Spring 2020, please apply through our study abroad orientation leader application.
If you are a Barnard student, please see the Barnard orientation leader application.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Dates and Expectations
- Always maintain a positive attitude towards Columbia University and NSOP
- Respect and follow the directions of crew captains, the NSOP Committee and NSOP staff
- Adhere to the important dates below in a timely manner:
- Friday, February 28, Monday, March 2, Tuesday, March 10: Mandatory information session and group interview for new leaders. The February 28 session will take place from 1:00-1:30 p.m, the March 2 session from 5:30-6:00 p.m. and the March 10 session will take place from 9:00-9:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 24–Tuesday, March 31: Interviews will be the week of March 23 and will consist of a short individual interview
- Thursday, April 9, Friday, April 10 and Monday, April 13: The April 9 Leader agreement signing session will take place from 8:30-9:00 a.m., the April 10 session from 9:00–10:00 a.m and the April 13 session will take place from 4:00-4:30 p.m. All leaders who have received an offer must attend one of these sessions.
- Wednesday, May 6: NSOP Mandatory Study Break on Wednesday, May 6, from 2:00–4:00 p.m. EDT.
- Wednesday, August 26: Orientation Leaders are expected to arrive on campus no later than noon on Wednesday, August 26 for the start of NSOP training
- Wednesday, August 26–Monday, September 7: Orientation Leaders must be available for the duration of training and NSOP
- Sunday, August 30–Monday, September 7: NSOP is from Sunday, August 30–Monday, September 7