Are you a first-year student interested in joining the Multicultural Affairs Advisory Board (MAAC)? The deadline to apply is Sunday, September 8 at 11:59 p.m.
The Multicultural Affairs Advisory Council (MAAC) is a collective of four distinct student advisory boards. Learn more about MAAC's advisory boards, mission and purpose.
If you have questions about the Multicultural Affairs Advisory Council or this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expectations of Board Members
- Attend weekly board meetings
- Participate in MAAC Board Retreat on September 21, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Commit to serving for the full 2019–20 academic year
- Be open to discussing challenging topics and campus issues
- Be a collaborative advocate who is willing to challenge and be challenged
- Be passionate about creating a more inclusive and just Columbia community
- Be dedicated to hearing the experiences and concerns of fellow students
- Interview Notification: Tuesday, September 10
- Interview Dates: Tuesday, September 10–Thursday, September 19
- Selection Notification: Friday, September 20
- Mandatory Fall Retreat for Board Members: Saturday, September 21, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.