The Multicultural Affairs Advisory Council (MAAC) is a collective of four distinct student advisory boards: Student of Color Advisory Board (SOCAB), Queer and Trans Student Advisory Board (QTAB), International Student Advisory Board (ISAB), and First-Generation Student Advisory Board (FAB).
Organized by Multicultural Affairs, MAAC is composed of Columbia College and Columbia Engineering undergraduate students and works towards a more respectful, accountable, and socially just campus environment. In partnership with students, student organizations, Multicultural Affairs, and campus partners, it strives to continue creating a university community in which students of all identities are supported, valued, and celebrated.
*APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN*
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Exdended to Friday, March 30 11:59 p.m.
- Interview Notification: Wednesday, March 28 or on a rolling basis
- Interview Dates: March 29 - April 6 or on a rolling basis
- Selection Notification: Wednesday, April 11
- MAAC New and Returning Member Event: Friday, April 20
- MAAC Fall Retreat for Board Members: Saturday, September 29, 10am-5pm
The Multicultural Affairs Advisory Board (MAAB) is a group comprised of a broad-representation of students from Columbia College and the School of Engineering and Applied Science who work collectively toward continually enhancing the programs and services of the Office of Multicultural Affairs, evaluating the needs of our diverse undergraduate student population, identifying relevant campus issues, and promoting a campus environment of inclusion, self-awareness, intercultural engagement, and social responsibility.