Spring New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) Orientation Leader Position Description
Orientation leaders (OLs) and the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) help new students transition smoothly into the Columbia community. For Visiting and Exchange NSOP, OLs will work with a group of mostly international students as these students transition to life at Columbia and in New York City. OLs may be assigned to staff events, tours, trips or other orientation sessions. OLs directly interact with new students through assigned groups, communicate and meet with these new students about NSOP events and offer advice and encouragement.
Orientation leaders are expected to:
- Always maintain a positive attitude toward Columbia University and NSOP
- Assist new students with any questions that they might have during and after NSOP; this does not mean always having the answer but can mean connecting students to others who can help them as well
- Attend OL training beginning on Monday, January 14 at noon through Tuesday, January 15 at 5:00 p.m.
- Be present and available during the entire NSOP program from Wednesday, January 16 at 9:00 a.m. through Monday, January 21 at 11:59 p.m.
- Keep in touch with new students during their time on campus and check in periodically on their experience
Applications are due by Sunday, October 28 at 11:59 p.m. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.