The spring orientation leader application deadline has been extended! Applications are due by Friday, November 8 at 11:59 p.m.
Orientation leaders (OLs) and the New Student Orientation Program (NSOP) help new Visiting and Exchange students transition smoothly into the Columbia community. For spring orientation, OLs will work with a group of mostly international and some domestic students as they transition to life at Columbia and in New York City. OLs may be assigned to staff events, tours, trips or other orientation sessions. OLs directly interact with new students through assigned groups, communicate and meet with these new students about NSOP events and offer advice and encouragement.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Spring Orientation Leader Expectations
- Always maintain a positive attitude toward Columbia University and NSOP
- Assist new students with any questions that they might have during and after NSOP; this does not mean always having the answer but can mean connecting students to others who can help them as well
- Attend OL training beginning on Monday, January 13 at noon–Tuesday, January 14 at 5:00 p.m.
- Be present and available during the entire NSOP program from Wednesday, January 15 at 9:00 a.m.–Monday, January 20 at 11:59 p.m.
- Keep in touch with new students during their time on campus and check in periodically on their experience