Welcome to the CSA
The Center for Student Advising (CSA) provides an integrated advising experience for all students in Columbia College and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science. CSA brings together, under one roof, general academic advising, Academic Success Programs, the Columbia Undergraduate Scholars Program (CUSP), and the Office of Preprofessional Advising. Students are assigned a CSA adviser who works with them throughout their time at Columbia.
We will be a trusted and indispensable source of knowledge and support for all students and a widely emulated model of advising excellence across the nation and around the globe.
- The Center for Student Advising strives to guide and support students at Columbia College and Columbia Engineering in their journey within and beyond Columbia University.
- To this end, CSA advisers (1) help students recognize and pursue their passions; (2) challenge students to set realistic academic and life goals to ensure personal success; (3) empower students to think and act creatively and independently; and (4) help students understand their role in all of their advising relationships to enable them to form productive advising partnerships.
- The CSA endeavors to work closely with all relevant offices across the Columbia campus to create an integrated advising experience for students as they grow intellectually, socially, and professionally at Columbia.
- The CSA shall assess, analyze, and evaluate its work continuously to determine ways to grow along with its constituent population.
- In short, it is our mission to help students become the best possible versions of themselves.
- One page summary: CSA 1-sheet 2014.pdf