Center for Student Advising Tutoring Service
The Center for Student Advising (CSA) Tutoring Service offers free tutoring for all Columbia College and Columbia Engineering undergraduate students in the following courses:
- Multivariable Calculus for Engineering and Applied Sciences (APMA 2000)
- Biology (BIOL 2005, 2006)
- General Chemistry (CHEM 1403, 1404)
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 2443, 2444)
- Intro to Computer Science - Programming in Java (COMS 1004)
- Principles of Economics (ECON 1105)
- Intro to Comp for Eng/App Sci - Python (ENGI 1006)
- Calculus I, II & III (MATH 1101, 1102, 1201)
- Physics (PHYS 1201, 1202, 1401, 1402)
- Intro to Statistics with Calculus (STAT 1201)
Qualified and trained peer tutors assist students with mastering their course content and maximizing their potential for academic achievement. When combined with regular attendance of classes and recitations, visits to professors' office hours, use of departmental Help Rooms and formation of peer study groups, tutoring serves as a proactive step for students to ensure academic success. If you are interested in requesting a tutor for any of the courses listed above, please make an appointment with your advising dean, who can request a tutor on your behalf.
If you have any questions about the CSA Tutoring Service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.