The CSA Tutoring Service offers free tutoring for all CC and SEAS undergraduate students in the following courses:
- Physics (PHYS 1201, 1202, 1401, 1402)
- General Chemistry (CHEM 1403, 1404)
- Organic Chemistry (CHEM 2443, 2444)
- Principles of Economics (ECON 1105)
- Calculus I, II & III (MATH 1101, 1102, 1201)
- Biology (BIOL 2005, 2006)
- Intro to Statistics with Calculus (STAT 1201)
- Multivariable Calculus for Engineering and Applied Sciences (APMA 2000)
- Intro to Computer Science - Programming in Java (COMS 1004)
Although students are welcome to request tutoring in any course, requests for the courses listed above are those most likely to be fulfilled. Qualified and trained peer tutors assist students with mastering their course content and maximizing their potential for academic achievement. When combined with regular attendance of classes and recitations, visits to professors' office hours, use of departmental Help Rooms and formation of peer study groups, tutoring serves as a proactive step for students to ensure academic success. If you are interested in requesting a tutor for any of the courses listed above, please make an appointment with your advising dean, who can request a tutor on your behalf.
If the request is approved, students will be able to sign up for up to two hours per week per course. Most tutoring sessions are pair tutoring sessions and are 50 minutes in length. Please see the Guidelines and Policies page for additional information.
Tutoring sessions are held in various classrooms across campus and are filled on a first-come, first serve basis with available tutors. Tutoring begins during the third week of the semester and ends on the last day of class. There is no tutoring during university holidays. Students who anticipate needing a tutor are encouraged to request one as early as possible.
If you have any questions about the CSA Tutoring Service please email firstname.lastname@example.org.