Major Declaration for Columbia College sophomores (Class of 2023) and other Columbia College students who need to declare will be open from March 16-March 19, 2021.
As a Columbia College student, you will declare your major online in March of your sophomore year.
Special note for Spring 2021 Major Declaration: All programs (except for Comparative Literature and Society, Medical Humanities, and the Special Concentration in Business Management, all of which require students to apply and be accepted) can be officially declared using the online declaration system March 16-March 19. Please note that those who have applied to the Special Concentration in Business Management should still declare a major or concentration via the link below. Students who have applied for Comparative Literature and Society or Medical Humanities may use the tool to add an optional second program if they wish.
If you want to change your major/concentration after the major declaration period, you can work with your advising dean to complete a change-of-major form.
Follow these instructions to declare your major, concentration, and/or special concentrations:
- Visit https://majordec.college.columbia.edu/cc/.
- Enter your UNI and password.
- Select majors/concentrations from drop down menus.
- Select additional major, concentration, or special concentration from drop down menus (optional).
- Click "Submit."
- Check your email for a confirmation message and information about advising in your new department!