In order to request tutoring for one of our approved courses, students must make an appointment with an advising dean, who can request a tutor on their behalf. After the request has been received, students will recieve an email from firstname.lastname@example.org informing them on the status of their request, and (if applicable), instructions on how to sign-up for a tutoring session. If the request has been approved, students will also receive a separate email with a username and password for the online scheduling system.
Please read the following rules and guidelines for the CSA Tutoring Service:
- Tutoring sessions will be held in pairs and will be 50 minutes in length.
- Students may sign up for tutoring for up to two hours per week per course approved.
- Students may be approved for tutoring in up to three courses.
- Students may sign up for tutoring with any tutor that is listed under their approved course, and may sign up for tutoring each week if they wish to do so.
- Students may make appointments seven days in advance, and up to 4 hours before the scheduled start time.
- Students can cancel their session up to 4 hours before the scheduled start time.
- Students who miss more than two sessions will no longer be able to sign-up for tutoring.
- Students may not sign up for tutoring in courses that were not requested and approved by the CSA tutoring service.
- Students should come to the tutoring session prepared with all relevant course materials (textbook, lecture notes, syllabus etc.) and with specific questions for their tutor.
- Tutoring sessions begin during the third week of class, and end on the last day of class.
- There is no tutoring during university holidays or breaks.
- The CSA tutoring service forbids tutors and students from working on homework or assigned problems during the tutoring session, since this would be a violation of academic integrity guidelines and standards.
For any questions or concerns regarding the CSA Tutoring Service, please email email@example.com