Peer Academic Skills Consultants are student leaders who assist students in a one-on-one setting with academic skill building. This is a paid opportunity.
Students interested in applying to be a Consultant must:
- Be a Sophomore or Junior who has been at Columbia for at least 2 semesters
- Be available for weekly meetings/training throughout Spring 2023 - Spring 2024
- Be able to dedicate 6-8 hours a week to this position
- Be willing to learn and apply new academic skills and strategies
- Have the desire to help other students identify and overcome obstacles impeding academic success
- Have strong interpersonal skills and exhibit empathy
- Be professional, punctual and respectful
Consultants will have the opportunity to:
- Build relationships with their peers
- Develop leadership skills
- Provide their peers with valuable skills and guidance
- Help students navigate the transition into college life
- Educate students about Columbia resources and student support services
- Improve your own academic performance
If interested, please apply below. A personal interview is required.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2023.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org