March 30, 1:30-2:30pm EST, Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships Faculty - Alumni Panel
What makes a compelling application for the Rhodes and Marshall Scholarships? How are winners selected? What is so great about these opportunities, anyways? Come speak with faculty and alumni of the Rhodes and Marshall to hear about their experiences and their advice for potential applicants! Zoom link is here.
· Raph Graybill (CC'10, Rhodes Scholar), Chief Legal Counsel to former Governor Steve Bullock and candidate for Montant Attorney General;
· Dhananjay Jagannathan (Marshall Scholar '09), Assistant Professor, Department of Philosophy, Columbia University;
· Emma Kaufman (CC'08, Marshall Scholar), Assistant Professor of Law, New York University Law School;
· Jisung Park (CC'09, Rhodes Scholar), Assistant Professor of Public Policy, Luskin School of Public Affairs, UCLA.
April 1, 4:00pm-5:15pm EST. Prestigious Fellowships Panel Discussion: Near Peer Recipients
Feeling stumped when it comes to the Marshall essays? Curious to hear about how others tackled the challenge of securing 8 Rhodes recommendations? Wish you had some examples of the improbable facts requested on the Knight-Hennessy application? Join us for an informal conversation with Columbia recipients of prestigious fellowships! Zoom link is here.
· Amar Bhardwaj, SEAS'20, Marshall Scholar;
· Theo Di Castri, CC'12, Gates Cambridge Scholar;
· Santiago Tobar Potes, CC'20, Rhodes Scholar;
· Kara Schechtman, CC'19, Mitchell Scholar and Knight-Hennessy Scholar;
· Julia Udell, CC'21, Truman Scholar.