Program Approval applications can be submitted through the Undergraduate Travel Web App.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions from across the offices supporting Columbia College and Columbia Engineering collected here in one place for your convenience. You can browse by topic/department or search by keyword.
Undergraduate International Travel - Programs, Student Affairs
Any new international program that is Columbia-Led, Columbia-Facilitated and/or Recognized International Travel that is open to undergraduates of Columbia College, Columbia Engineering and the School of General Studies requires Program Approval.
One program organizer is expected to apply for Program Approval after key logistical components of the trip are determined (i.e. all destinations, accommodations, transportation, activities and/or excursions). The faculty, staff or student leader program organizer must complete a Program Approval application at least six weeks prior to departure.
Approved programs will be automatically available in the Undergraduate Travel Web App each semester. However, existing Columbia-Led, Columbia-Facilitated and/or Recognized International Travel programs that have changes to program destinations and/or to any of the risk variables must log in to the Undergradute Travel Web App to reapply for Program Approval.
Yes! You may make edits to to your application at any point. Please note that adding new details and/or destinations will place your application back in “Review” status until the Undergraduate Travel Review Committee reviews, assesses and provides a new determination. If locations added are of a medium, high or extreme location risk rating, your application may need require steps as well as a new review and assessment.
We are committed to reviewing and assessing applications in a timely and prompt manner. Each Program Approval application will be reviewed and assessed individually for several risk variables, as the safety and security of our students is our priority.
Undergraduate students from Columbia College, Columbia Engineering and the School of General Studies may not be able to obtain School Sponsorship if the programs they want to attend have not received Program Approval, and as a result they will be in violation of the Undergraduate International Travel Policy should they still attend your program.
- Academic Life & Advising at Columbia (8)
- Academic Success Programs (5)
- Admitted Students (15)
- Berick Center for Student Advising (39)
- Career Considerations for International Students (13)
- Classes (8)
- Columbia College (8)
- Columbia Engineering (2)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (17)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (COÖP) (18)
- Columbia Urban Experience (2)
- Columbia Urban Experince (CUE) (11)
- Currently Enrolled Students (17)
- CUSP FAQ (10)
- CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships (16)
- Family Weekend (19)
- FAQs for All Incoming Students (9)
- Global Ambassador Program (10)
- Graduation and beyond (5)
- How to Comply with the Policy (14)
- How to Use the Undergraduate Travel Web App (4)
- International Student Orientation Program (14)
- International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) (14)
- International Student Programs and Services (65)
- International Student Visas (8)
- JADE FAQ (6)
- Majors (3)
- New Student Orientation Program (First-year Students) (11)
- Orientation (47)
- Parent and Family Programs (19)
- Parents & Families of International Students (7)
- Parents and Families (13)
- Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders (11)
- Preprofessional Advising (3)
- Prospective International Students (4)
- Prospective Students (11)
- Residential Life (5)
- Residential Programs FAQ (4)
- Scholars Program (26)
- Student Affairs (28)
- Student Engagement (18)
- Student Life at Columbia (17)
- Summer Bridge Program (5)
- Time Away (4)
- Transfer and Combined Plan Student Orientation (4)
- Undergraduate International Travel - Programs (8)
- Visiting Student Orientation (7)