No. Currently this fellowship is only for Scholars in their first, sophomore, and junior summers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions from across the offices supporting Columbia College and Columbia Engineering collected here in one place for your convenience. You can browse by topic/department or search by keyword.
CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships, Scholars Program
Yes, you may apply for a joint project. However, each Scholar has to submit a separate application. We always encourage Scholars to work collaboratively where applicable.
Scholars without secured internships can still apply for the internship fellowship, and should list in the application all of the internships they have applied for. Scholars are required to inform the CUSP office by May 30th to provide an update on what internship was finally secured for the summer. Please speak with a CUSP Advisor if this applies to you.
Columbia College and Columbia Engineering do not provide credit for internships.
Yes. Please prepare a complete application listing the different internship/research positions (and the dates) that you will be engaged in during the summer. For further information, please see a CUSP Advisor.
Yes. This fellowship can be applied anywhere in the world.
CUSP Advisors cannot complete the Recommendation Form for the CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowship. However, if you have a good relationship with our Graduate Student Mentors (GSMs), then they can complete the Recommendation Form at your request.
No. While we encourage Scholars to seek and develop relationships with Columbia faculty, we support research endeavors with faculty from other universities as well. If you have chosen a research advisor who is not a professor at an accredited institution, please see a CUSP Advisor before submitting your application.
This fellowship does not cover traditional summer school (i.e. courses to meet CORE/major/graduation requirements); however, some summer programs will be considered if they contain a strong research, fieldwork, or experiential education component. Please see a CUSP Advisor prior to submitting your application if your project falls in this category.
Upon completing your online application, you will receive a confirmation email verifying your application submission. Within the email, there will be an electronic link that you will send to your Recommender or your Faculty Sponsor so that they can submit a recommendation form on your behalf. Please make note of the deadline for the Recommender and Facutly Support forms and let your contacts know as well.
No. Scholars can apply annually for this fellowship until their year of graduation.
All grants are based on availability of funds. Please note that CUSP cannot guarantee that you will receive the full amount that you requested.
Yes, you can apply. Please be sure to include all sources of funding that you have secured for this internship and please note that CUSP cannot guarantee that you will receive the amount that you request.
The average amounts awarded vary. All grants are considered based on availability of funds. Please note that CUSP cannot guarantee the amount that you request.
The CUSP Fellows Selection Committee selects the SEF awardees.
Interviews will no longer be conducted.
- Academic Life & Advising at Columbia (8)
- Academic Success Programs (6)
- Admitted Students (15)
- Berick Center for Student Advising (39)
- Career Considerations for International Students (13)
- Classes (8)
- Columbia College (8)
- Columbia Engineering (2)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (17)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (COÖP) (18)
- Columbia Urban Experience (2)
- Columbia Urban Experince (CUE) (11)
- Currently Enrolled Students (17)
- CUSP FAQ (10)
- CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships (16)
- Family Weekend (19)
- FAQs for All Incoming Students (9)
- Global Ambassador Program (10)
- Graduation and beyond (5)
- How to Comply with the Policy (14)
- How to Use the Undergraduate Travel Web App (4)
- International Student Orientation Program (14)
- International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) (14)
- International Student Programs and Services (65)
- International Student Visas (8)
- JADE FAQ (6)
- Majors (3)
- New Student Orientation Program (First-year Students) (11)
- Orientation (47)
- Parent and Family Programs (19)
- Parents & Families of International Students (7)
- Parents and Families (13)
- Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders (11)
- Preprofessional Advising (3)
- Prospective International Students (4)
- Prospective Students (11)
- Residential Life (5)
- Residential Programs FAQ (4)
- Scholars Program (26)
- Student Affairs (28)
- Student Engagement (18)
- Student Life at Columbia (17)
- Summer Bridge Program (6)
- Time Away (4)
- Transfer and Combined Plan Student Orientation (4)
- Undergraduate International Travel - Programs (8)
- Visiting Student Orientation (7)