There are no shuttle services from campus, but cabs are readily available. Let your driver know you need to go to "Columbia University at 116th and Amsterdam." If you are traveling from the Newark, JFK, or LaGuardia airports, it is possible to use a variety of buses and trains to get to the University. Be mindful that this route will take some time and may involve multiple modes of trasnportation. Please visit http://mta.info and use the "trip planner" tool to get a route to campus. Enter "Columbia University Main Campus" as your destination address.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions from across the offices supporting Columbia College and Columbia Engineering collected here in one place for your convenience. You can browse by topic/department or search by keyword.
Visiting Student Orientation, Orientation
Orientation will last from Tuesday, August 27 2019 to Monday, September 2 2019 for Visiting and Exchange Students.
To find out what events will take place during the week, check back in August!
Check-in for Visiting and Exchange Students will take place on the morning of Tuesday, August 27th 2019 in front of Hamilton Hall between 8:00-9:30 a.m. The first official program begins at 9:30 a.m. in the Satow Room located in Lerner Hall. If you are living on campus, you should check in between 8:00-9:30 a.m. and drop your belongings in your room. You will have time throughout the day to settle in.
If you arrive later, between 9:30 a.m. -noon, you should still go to Hamilton Hall to pick up your CUID.
If you arrive after noon, you can report to 510 Lerner for your orientation materials.
Orientation begins on Tuesday, August 27 2019 for Visiting and Exchange Students.
This website and page will have the most up-to-date information on New Student Orientation Program 2019 as it becomes available.
- Academic Life & Advising at Columbia (8)
- Academic Success Programs (5)
- Admitted Students (15)
- Berick Center for Student Advising (39)
- Career Considerations for International Students (13)
- Classes (8)
- Columbia College (8)
- Columbia Engineering (2)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (17)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (COÖP) (18)
- Columbia Urban Experience (2)
- Columbia Urban Experince (CUE) (11)
- Currently Enrolled Students (17)
- CUSP FAQ (10)
- CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships (16)
- Family Weekend (19)
- FAQs for All Incoming Students (9)
- Global Ambassador Program (10)
- Graduation and beyond (5)
- How to Comply with the Policy (14)
- How to Use the Undergraduate Travel Web App (4)
- International Student Orientation Program (14)
- International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) (14)
- International Student Programs and Services (65)
- International Student Visas (8)
- JADE FAQ (6)
- Majors (3)
- New Student Orientation Program (First-year Students) (11)
- Orientation (47)
- Parent and Family Programs (19)
- Parents & Families of International Students (7)
- Parents and Families (13)
- Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders (11)
- Preprofessional Advising (3)
- Prospective International Students (4)
- Prospective Students (11)
- Residential Life (5)
- Residential Programs FAQ (4)
- Scholars Program (26)
- Student Affairs (28)
- Student Engagement (18)
- Student Life at Columbia (17)
- Summer Bridge Program (5)
- Time Away (4)
- Transfer and Combined Plan Student Orientation (4)
- Undergraduate International Travel - Programs (8)
- Visiting Student Orientation (7)