No. The device is yours to keep. Unfortunately, if the device is lost or stolen, it cannot be replaced — so take care of it!
Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions from across the offices supporting Columbia College and Columbia Engineering collected here in one place for your convenience. You can browse by topic/department or search by keyword.
Academic Success Programs, Summer Bridge Program
Since this is an enrichment program, you will not receive grades or credits for the summer courses. However, there will be a written evaluation shared with each student at the conclusion of the Virtual Summer Bridge Program that will review strengths and growth areas.
Yes, you are required to have a Zoom account to access our online class and tutoring sessions. Please sign up for a free Zoom account.
The Virtual Summer Bridge Program is a requirement of your admission agreement. We ask that you do not schedule any major personal, work or travel commitments during the five-week program that would interfere with any of the program's planned events. There is a full itinerary of activities for the weekdays, including classes, tutoring sessions, workshops and other events.
Please note that the summer earnings expectation in your financial aid package has been waived for your first year to facilitate your participation in the Academic Success Programs.
No. Columbia will cover all major program expenses, including brand-new iPads that will be sent to each student. Electronic versions of all textbooks will also be provided to all students, pre-loaded into these iPads.
Please review this sample weekly schedule. Classes will be synchronous online sessions taught by our experienced instructors. Monday–Friday during the program, Columbia College students will take introductory courses in Literature Humanities, University Writing, Psychology and Calculus or Statistics. Columbia Engineering students will take Chemistry, Physics, Calculus and University Writing.
- Academic Life & Advising at Columbia (8)
- Academic Success Programs (7)
- Admitted Students (15)
- Berick Center for Student Advising (39)
- Career Considerations for International Students (13)
- Classes (8)
- Columbia College (8)
- Columbia Engineering (2)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (17)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (COÖP) (18)
- Columbia Urban Experience (2)
- Columbia Urban Experince (CUE) (11)
- Currently Enrolled Students (17)
- CUSP FAQ (10)
- CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships (16)
- Family Weekend (19)
- FAQs for All Incoming Students (9)
- First-Year Student Orientation (9)
- Global Ambassador Program (10)
- Graduation and beyond (5)
- How to Comply with the Policy (14)
- How to Use the Undergraduate Travel Web App (4)
- International Student Orientation Program (28)
- International Student Programs and Services (65)
- International Student Visas (8)
- JADE FAQ (6)
- Majors (3)
- Orientation (45)
- Parent and Family Programs (19)
- Parents & Families of International Students (7)
- Parents and Families (13)
- Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders (11)
- Preprofessional Advising (3)
- Prospective International Students (4)
- Prospective Students (11)
- Residential Life (5)
- Residential Programs FAQ (4)
- Scholars Program (26)
- Student Affairs (28)
- Student Engagement (18)
- Student Life at Columbia (17)
- Summer Bridge Program (6)
- Time Away (4)
- Transfer and Combined Plan Student Orientation (4)
- Undergraduate International Travel - Programs (8)
- Visiting Student Orientation (7)