The vendor list is updated yearly and details all businesses and companies that will accept an eform in lieu of cash/check/or credit card. Student Engagement encourages all groups to take advantage of these vendors (many of which are in the neighborhood). The list is located in the Student Engagement office on the 5th floor.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following is a list of frequently asked questions from across the offices supporting Columbia College and Columbia Engineering collected here in one place for your convenience. You can browse by topic/department or search by keyword.
Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders, Student Engagement
Student Engagement has voicemail request forms that must be submitted to Communications Services at least five working days in advance of your message distribution. The cost is $375. If you want to record your own message, please make an appointment by emailing OCS at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting OCS at 212-854-2897. Remember to keep your message short and to the point.
You can request a club e-mail alias or webpage from your adviser. He/she must submit the request on your behalf to CUIT. For specific questions about the types of services available, you can e-mail email@example.com.
It can take anywhere from two weeks to a month, depending on the time of year and whether the University has previously paid the vendor. Make sure to include all information including the tax ID number of the vendor and a detailed contract or invoice in order to expedite the process. You can choose to have the check mailed directly to the vendor or held in Student Financial Advising (Lerner 515) for pick-up.
You can (1) obtain an invoice from the vendor and request a check from Student Financial Advising in Lerner 515. (This must be done at least 3-4 weeks prior to the time you actually need the items if the vendor wants the check before shipping), (2) ask the vendor if they will accept a purchase order, or (3) pay for the goods with a personal credit card.
Whichever option you choose, you will need to submit an invoice from the vendor in order for Student Financial Advising to process the check request. If paying by credit card, please submit a copy of your credit card bill as well. Remember that you cannot be reimbursed for tax.
You can rent BBQ equipment from the University. Guidelines for BBQ events are available on the UEM website. Please work with your adviser so that your plans incorporate the current policies. Remember that you must submit a space request form to Lerner Hall staff to reserve outdoor space.
You can try, but parking is very hard to come by at Columbia. Student Engagement has parking request forms that must be filled out and faxed to the parking office. You will need to know the make, model and color of the vehicle, the license plate number and state, the driver’s name, and the expected arrival and departure times. Remember to confirm the cost, budget for the expense and fill out an e-form.
Barnard Dining Services provides kosher catering. They can be reached at 212-854-6653. In addition, there are several kosher caterers on the Upper West Side. Ask your adviser for specifics.
There are University Copy Centers in the International Affairs Building (401 IAB, 854-3797) and in the basement of the Journalism Building (106 Journalism, 854-3233). Village Copier, who is one of our vendors, is another option.
Student organizations work with a wide variety of vendors. C2Media is currently one of the partners working on banners and other print materials. In order to hang your banner, you must request permission through your adviser. Lerner Hall staff will hang and remove your banner.
- Academic Life & Advising at Columbia (8)
- Academic Success Programs (5)
- Admitted Students (15)
- Berick Center for Student Advising (39)
- Career Considerations for International Students (13)
- Classes (8)
- Columbia College (8)
- Columbia Engineering (2)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (17)
- Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program (COÖP) (18)
- Columbia Urban Experience (2)
- Columbia Urban Experince (CUE) (11)
- Currently Enrolled Students (17)
- CUSP FAQ (10)
- CUSP Summer Enhancement Fellowships (16)
- Family Weekend (19)
- FAQs for All Incoming Students (9)
- First-Year Student Orientation (11)
- Global Ambassador Program (10)
- Graduation and beyond (5)
- How to Comply with the Policy (14)
- How to Use the Undergraduate Travel Web App (4)
- International Student Orientation Program (14)
- International Student Orientation Program (ISOP) (14)
- International Student Programs and Services (65)
- International Student Visas (8)
- JADE FAQ (6)
- Majors (3)
- Orientation (47)
- Parent and Family Programs (19)
- Parents & Families of International Students (7)
- Parents and Families (13)
- Policies and Procedures for Student Leaders (11)
- Preprofessional Advising (3)
- Prospective International Students (4)
- Prospective Students (11)
- Residential Life (5)
- Residential Programs FAQ (4)
- Scholars Program (26)
- Student Affairs (28)
- Student Engagement (18)
- Student Life at Columbia (17)
- Summer Bridge Program (5)
- Time Away (4)
- Transfer and Combined Plan Student Orientation (4)
- Undergraduate International Travel - Programs (8)
- Visiting Student Orientation (7)