Columbia College | Columbia Engineering

Home / Taxonomy term / Residential Life

Residential Life

Which classes are eligible to apply?

Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors are eligible to apply.

Question Tags: 

Can graduate students apply for a position?

No, you must be an undergraduate SEAS or CC student with guaranteed housing status.

Question Tags: 

How will the RA position affect my financial aid package?

You should speak with your financial aid adviser and consult them about your particular situation.

Question Tags: 

Faculty in Residence

The Faculty-in-Residence (FIR) are faculty members who are committed to students, involvement in the residential community, and learning that occurs outside the classroom.   Faculty members and the

East Campus

Welcome to the East Campus Residential Area of Columbia University

In addition to our Faculty-in-Residence (FIR) Professor Robert Harrist, 23 Resident Advisers (RAs), 2 Community Advisers (

Special Interest Communities

Special Interest Communities (SICs) offer a unique residential experience by allowing upperclassmen students to embrace and explore common interests together.

West Campus

Welcome to the West Campus Residential Area of Columbia University!

Residential Life

We believe that education and development extends beyond the classroom and that it happens wherever you are.

First Year Area

Welcome to the First Year Area (FYA)!


Subscribe to Residential Life

Residential Life


515 Alfred Lerner Hall
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027 

Call: (212) 854-6805

Fax: (212) 854-6815

Office Hours

9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.