Class of 2017, use this checklist to confirm that you are on track to graduate in May.
- Make sure you will have anough credits: 124 credits for College students and 128 credits for Engineering students.
- Meet with your academic department adviser to be cleared for graduating with your major or concentration.
- Review your Degree Audit Report for accuracy in SSOL.
- Meet with your advising dean from the James H. and Christine Turk Berick Center for Student Advising to confirm your eligibility to graduate.
- Apply for your degree before December 1 to avoid any delays in receiving your diploma and to be considered for academic honors.
- Confirm that all of your grades and/or incomplete grades from previous semesters are posted accurately and that you have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or better.
- Pay the balances on all of your accounts, and ensure that no holds have been placed by checking SSOL.
Once all of that is out of the way, get ready to attend graduation...
- Register for Commencement in the spring and request tickets for your guests if you plan to attend.
- Update your contact information in SSOL, and double-check the spelling of your name. Information from SSOL will be used for both the Class Day program and for shipping your diploma!
- Purchase your cap and gown from the bookstore and keep it in a safe place until graduation.
- All students whose financial aid packages include federal loans are required to complete an exit interview with Student Financial Services via SSOL.
- Discuss with your family and guests where you will meet them following Class Day and Commencement.
And prepare for life after Columbia!
- Visit the Center for Career Education (CCE) for help with your job search.
- Be completely moved out of your on-campus residence by noon on Thursday, May 18, 2017. Visit Columbia Housing's check-out website for the detailed check-out procedure.
- Register for your Alumni Association through the Columbia College Alumni Association or the Columbia Engineering Alumni Association.
- Look for your diploma in the mail! Diplomas for May 2017 graduates will be mailed after graduation to the “Diploma Address” on file in SSOL.
- Complete the 2017 Graduating Student Survey, the purpose of which is to collect and report data on post-graduation outcomes. Survey results are also used by CCE to enhance programs and services.
- Join the Alumni Representative Committee (ARC) to interview prospective Columbia students, represent Columbia at college fairs, and attend events for admitted students.