Family Days are part of a campus-wide celebration of families that runs concurrent with Homecoming. We have a series of intellectual, informational, and social events planned for you in the hopes that you will experience, if only for a few days, what it means to be a Columbia student.
Family Days 2020: Friday, October 23- Saturday, October 24
Registration for Family Days will open in September, 2020. For an idea of what to expect, please see the projected schedule, below.
|10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.|
|10:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.|
|9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.|
|11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.|
Getting Here and Lodging
Family Days attendees are encouraged to explore their options for accommodations near campus early. For information on Columbia preferred hotels as well as limited budget accommodations, please visit the Off-Campus Accommodations web page.
- Check out our Visiting Columbia page to plan your trip.
- It is a busy time of year, so don't forget to check-in with your student about when they will have time to step away from the books and spend with family.
- Please have photo ID! Residence hall security requires that all guests (including parents) provide photo ID to enter the residences.
- Your Family Days name badge is required for access to Alfred Lerner Hall and all Family Days event venues.
- Check the weather. Dress casually and for comfort (and wear sensible shoes).
- Refer to the Morningside Disability Access Map to help identify campus accessibility and contact Disability Services with any questions.
- All food will be labeled to aid those with special dietary considerations.