Family Days are part of a campus-wide celebration of families that runs concurrent with Homecoming. We have a series of intellectual, informational, and social events planned for you in the hopes that you will experience, if only for a brief weekend, what it means to be a Columbia student.
Family Days 2019: Friday, October 18- Sunday, October 20
Registration will open in early September.
Family Days registration includes lectures, open houses, workshops and receptions. Tickets to shows, tours, Homecoming and athletic events require additional purchase.
Tickets for the Homecoming football game will be available on the Columbia Athletics website. Please talk with your student about whether they prefer to sit with you (in which case, you will need to purchase a ticket for them), or in the student seating section (for which there is no cost).
Getting Here and Lodging
Family Days attendees are encouraged to explore their options for accommodations near campus early. For information on Columbia preferred hotels as well as limited budget accommodations, please visit the Off-Campus Accommodations web page.
Mobile App and Schedule
Would you like to have the entire Family Weekend schedule, links to public transit and more all at your fingertips? The Columbia University: CC & SEAS mobile app and Family Days guide will be available in September 2019. The guide will allow you to customize your schedule, set reminders and more. Available in the App Store and Google Play.
One of the highlights of Family Days is the chance to explore the city in which your student lives and studies. Each year, our team works to secure a limited number of tickets to tours, musicals and other performances here in NYC. Guests will receive a link to purchase tickets in their confirmation email. Please note you will need your registration order number in order to reserve these tickets.
- Check out our Visiting Columbia page to plan your trip.
- It is a busy time of year, so don't forget to check-in with your student about when they will have time to step away from the books and spend with family.
- Please have photo ID! Residence hall security requires that all guests (including parents) provide photo ID to enter the residences.
- Your Family Days name badge is required for access to Alfred Lerner Hall and all Family Days event venues.
- Check the weather. Dress casually and for comfort (and wear sensible shoes).
- Refer to the Morningside Disability Access Map to help identify campus accessibility and contact Disability Services with any questions.
- All food will be labeled to aid those with special dietary considerations.