Following the announcement of Pierre Boulez’s death this morning, WKCR will dedicate all programming to Boulez’s recordings from 3:00 PM on Wednesday, January 6th through 6:00 PM on Thursday, January 7th. It is almost impossible to sum up the contributions Pierre Boulez has made to classical and new music. Over Boulez’s career spanning seven decades, Boulez broke barriers both in his championing of his fellow contemporary composers and in his conducting of the standard repertoire. Join WKCR-FM and WKCR Classical in this tribute to one of the most important musicians of all time. In addition to the continuous 27 hour preemption, all classical department programs through Thursday, January 14th will play Boulez's recordings exclusively. Please join us as we remember, honor, commemorate, and celebrate the extraordinary life, music, and work of Pierre Boulez.
The following WKCR Classical Programs are dedicated to only Pierre Boulez's music:
- Saturday January 9th -- Saturday Night at the Opera from 9:00 to 11:59 PM: The first installment of Pierre Boulez conducting Richard Wagner's Das Rheingold Das Rheingold.
- Monday January 11th -- Cereal Music from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Tuesday January 12th -- Cereal Music from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Wedesday January 13th -- Cereal Music from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
- Thursday January 14th -- Cereal Music from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM and Afternoon Classical from 3:00 to 6:00 PM.