Columbia College | Columbia Engineering

Home / Taxonomy term / Admitted Students

Admitted Students

How do I get a work study job?

Federal Work Study jobs are listed on the Federal Work Study Office website.

After you find a job that interests you, you must bring an Employment Authorization Form (available from the Federal Work Study Payroll Office in 207 Philosophy Hall) directly to the employer. If you are hired for a work study position, your employer will complete the Employment Authorization Form, which then must be returned to the Federal Work Study Payroll Office.

Question Tags: 

Will I have to work during the summer?

Yes, Columbia students are expected to work during the summer, incoming first-years are expected to earn $1,850 during the summer before entering Columbia.  This amount should be available to contribute toward your educational expenses during the academic year.

Question Tags: 

How do outside scholarships affect my Columbia financial aid award?

The scholarships you receive from outside sources will be used to reduce the work study portion of your financial aid package. For example, if you are awarded a $2,000 National Merit Scholarship, your work study expectation will be reduced by the full $2,000. Only after your work study has been completely eliminated will your scholarships begin to reduce any Columbia Grant you may have received.

Question Tags: 

How do I apply for the New York State TAP?

The first step is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  If you are a New York State resident, the federal processor will automatically send your FAFSA information to New York State Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC).  HESC will then send you a personalized TAP application for your signature.  You must sign this form and return it to HESC in order to receive your TAP award.

Question Tags: 

What if my financial aid application is still incomplete?

Once you submit the missing documents we will attempt to notify you of your aid eligibility within a week.  If you have any questions regarding any of the missing materials please call of the Office of Financial Aid & Undergraduate Financing at 212-854-3711.

Question Tags: 


Subscribe to Admitted Students