The HS-MACA/CPHHE Undergraduate Biomedical Research Program enhances college science education and increases the number of underrepresented minority students who are interested and qualified to pursue careers in the biomedical sciences through conducting kinesthetic laboratory research in various biomedical fields. Students are paired with Creighton University faculty and researchers to conduct ongoing research under the supervision of a faculty mentor.
- Program Duration: Eight (8) weeks
- Program Timeline: June – August
- Monetary Stipend: $1,750
- Continuous Education: Six (6) Friday Health Disparities Training Sessions
- Presentation: Colloquium (Oral and Poster Presentations) in August
- Career Field/Social Outings: College World Series Home Run Derby, Mid Program Dinner, Omaha Jazz on the Green, and Juneteenth Parade
- Mentor Research Focus Areas: Cancer Biology, Cell Biology, Neuroscience, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, and Public Health