Des Moines University’s Health Professions Advanced Summer Scholars Program – Health P.A.S.S. – is a great way to prepare for and enhance your chances of getting into medical or health professions school. Health P.A.S.S. provides you with key insights and hands-on experience in a variety of health professions.
Get a head start in exploring careers in medicine, health care and science at a top-quality university that prioritizes student success. At Health P.A.S.S., you’ll find out what it’s like to be a physical therapy, physician assistant or medical student as you…
- Learn from lectures and presentations in four clinical areas: osteopathic medicine, podiatric medicine, physical therapy and physician assistant studies.
- Enjoy hands-on experiences in state-of-the-art facilities, including simulations with life-like medical mannequins and labs to test your casting, suturing and surgery skills.
- Shadow doctors and other health care providers in the on-campus clinic.
- Prep for medical/health professions school by participating in mock interviews and giving presentations to enhance your confidence and success.
- Receive guidance from student mentors and interact with DMU faculty, students and staff.
Des Moines University covers the costs of your meals while on campus and residence hall accommodations at nearby Drake University. Enjoy fun, chaperoned activities on campus and around Iowa’s capital on weekends. A travel stipend of up to $500 will be provided, too.