The Minority Students in Health Careers Motivation Program (MSHCMP) provides students from underrepresented backgrounds with an opportunity to develop skills that will increase their competitiveness for admission to schools of medicine. Designed to be a mini first-semester medical school experience, this is a full-time, seven-week residential program that runs from June – July. This program is for qualified students who intend to apply to medical school.
- Classroom instruction provided in select courses from the medical school curriculum
- Participation in supplemental workshops to help prepare students to apply to medical school
- Clinical shadowing opportunities
- Portfolio review and mock medical school interview
- Travel, housing, meals, local transportation and books will be provided
- No cost for accepted students to attend