The Alternative Break Program (ABP) Student Board is made up of student leaders with a passion for civic engagement and who have extensive service trip experience. The ABP Student Board works with Student Engagement to uphold the mission of the program and will serve as a resource to students or student groups interested in organizing or participating in an alternative break project. The Student Board responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help interested students think through the various aspects of organizing a trip such as logistical details, fundraising questions and how to develop and manage a team.
- Review and make acceptance decisions regarding preliminary proposals.
- Review and make acceptance and funding recommendations to CAE regarding final proposals.
- Facilitate trainings for ABP teams that are preparing for trips throughout the year.
- Guide Project Leaders through the ABP program before, during and after their trips.
The 2014-2015 ABP Student Advisory Board
Ryan Rivera, Chair
Aine M. Chalmers, Board Member
Lily Liu-Krason, Board Member
Julia Peck, Board Member