Columbia College | Columbia Engineering

Home / How do I declare a major? / How do I declare a major?

How do I declare a major?

Columbia College and Columbia Engineering students declare their majors online during the major declaration period in their sophomore year.  Engineering students declare in October; CC students declare in March.  Look for an email from your Advising Dean with a clickable link, or visit SEAS Major Declaration/CC Major Declaration to get started.

Some College majors require departmental signatures to finalize online major declaration.  If your major is housed within one of the following departments, download the CC Major Declaration Form and bring it to 403 Lerner:

  • Architecture
  • Comparative Literature & Society
  • Creative Writing
  • Drama and Theater Arts
  • Earth & Environmental Sciences
  • East Asian Languages & Cultures
  • Film Studies
  • Italian
  • Latin American & Iberian Culturals
  • Middle Eastern, South Asian, and African Studies
  • Psychology (majors online, concentrators do not need departmental approval)
  • Physics
  • Sustainable Development
  • Urban Studies
  • Visual Arts
Question Tags: 

James H. and Christine Turk Berick Center for Student Advising


403 Alfred Lerner Hall
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027

Call: (212) 854-6378

Fax: (212) 854-2458

Office Hours
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.

Walk-in Hours (Sept-May)
3:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.