Guidance and support for international travel planning is provided to all members of the Columbia University community by Columbia Global Travel. There you will find a host of resources to assist in your trip planning and preparation, including but not limited to:
- Definitions about what constitutes Columbia University supported travel
- A student travel checklist
- Help determining if your trip will require that you obtain a visa
- Travel advisories, alerts, and warnings that may impact your trip plans
- Steps to follow in the event of an emergency during your trip
The adviser for your student organization is also a valuable resource for assistance with planning your trip. If your group is planning a trip, schedule an appointment with your adviser to discuss your plans. Your adviser will provide details about a variety of topics including the travel registration process and policies for using group funds to cover your trip expenses.