CU LSAMP-REU is a paid summer research opportunity that provides undergraduate participants with the opportunity to work with distinguished faculty and staff as well as network with others in their field of interest through weekly luncheons.
Undergraduate students, interested in gaining a deeper understanding in an engineering-related field, have the opportunity to conduct and present research over a ten-week duration under the auspices of a Cornell Engineering faculty research mentor. Through this one-on-one partnership, participants will gain theoretical knowledge and practical training in academic research and scientific experimentation. CU LSAMP-REU was developed to aid in the retention of traditionally underrepresented minority groups in the sciences, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
CU LSAMP-REU Offers:
- A research stipend of $4,000
- A round-trip travel stipend up to $300 for students living outside of Ithaca, NY
- A double room in a residential hall
- A campus bus pass or a campus parking pass
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratories, libraries, computer/study lounges, etc.