The 2019 NSOP Urban NY Lottery is now CLOSED. Thank you for participating!
NSOP Urban NY is a sneak peak into the year-round Urban NY program. It provides an opportunity for new students in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering to experience the cultural, artistic and unique world of arts that New York City has to offer. Through the NSOP Urban NY lottery, you can win a free ticket to a Broadway show! Learn more about the Urban NY program, join our mailing list and follow our Facebook page.
2019 NSOP Urban NY trips will take place on Friday, August 30, Saturday, August 31 and Sunday, September 1.
How to Enter
During the registration process, students are given an opportunity to select events in order of preference. You will also have the option to be placed on a wait-list for any event, in order of preference, for a chance to attend the event (this option does not impact your chance of winning).
Lottery winners will receive an email from the to confirm their attendance and to inform them of trip details. Those placed on the wait-list will also receive an email to notify them of the results and next steps. Wait-listed students will be notified of their status on Thursday, August 29.
Once the lottery is closed, you will no longer be able to enter or register. No exceptions!
- Lottery winners will receive an email to confirm their attendance and to inform them of their trip details
- A student may only be a winner or on the wait-list for one event at a time
- Winners must be physically present at the meeting location within 10 minutes of the meeting time
- Winners who do not arrive within 10 minutes of the meeting time — even by one minute! — will forfeit their spot to wait-listed students or students waiting on standby (no exceptions!)
- The group will NOT wait for a ticket winner if the winner does not show up on time
- All ticket holders must travel to the location together as a group
- Winners unable to attend the Urban NY trip...
- Are not allowed to transfer their ticket to anyone else or give their ticket away
- Should notify their trip leader as soon as possible to allow wait-listed students a chance to attend in their place
- Students placed on the wait-list for an event will receive an email notifying them of their status
- If a ticket is made available before the posted meeting time, the trip leader will contact all wait-listed members via email to notify them of any available ticket — the first person to respond will get the ticket
- The winner rules now apply to that wait-listed student
- Wait-list tickets are given on a “first-come, first-served” basis — the first student to respond to the email will secure the ticket
- If a ticket is made available near or at the posted meeting time, the assigned trip leader will release tickets to any wait-list member physically present in the order of arrival
- The trip leader will provide a sign-in sheet at the meeting location so students can sign up in order of arrival
- If there are any open tickets due to last minute cancellations and/or no-shows, trip leaders will release tickets to any Columbia College or Columbia Engineering first-year students who are physically present at the meeting location in order of arrival
- Tickets will be offered to those on standby only after those on the wait-list have been given the chance to secure tickets via the above process
- Any Columbia College or Columbia Engineering student can show up at the scheduled meeting time/place and notify the trip leader that they are there to obtain a standby ticket
- The trip leader will provide a sign-in sheet at the meeting time/location to ask for your name, school and class year
- No-show tickets will be accommodated on a "first-come, first-served" basis — the trip leader will note the time of arrival
- Students cannot sign in on behalf of others nor can they save spots
- The Urban NY Program does not guarantee the availability of standby tickets
Rules and Regulations
- By entering the NSOP Urban NY lottery, you agree to the program rules and regulations:
- The NSOP Urban NY lottery is open to new and first-year students at Columbia College and School of Engineering only
- A student may only be a ticket-holder or a wait-listed registrant for one event
- Winners are not permitted to give their ticket away