Columbia College | Columbia Engineering

Payment Method Guide

Use of Undergraduate Student Life's "travel card" is required for approved student group purchases of the following travel expenses:

Conference registrations should be purchased using the purchasing card of the group's adviser. Please note, some group travel will be required to use STA Travel for hotel and airfare booking.

Once you have an adviser-approved FTF, have researched your reservations, and have confirmed that all trip participants have completed the Student Travel form please contact Student Financial Advising at to schedule an appointment.  Please plan ahead, appointment times can be fully booked for up to two weeks.

Note: For ABC groups, expenses associated with hotel and travel to a destination can only be paid up to 50% through allocation; the balance must be paid with revenue or personal contributions.  For IGB and SGB groups, up to 100% of the hotel and travel to a destination expense can be paid through allocation.  If your group will be using personal contributions to pay for a portion of your travel please consult with Student Financial Advising to discuss your options.

Please also review the list of travel related expenses that are not allowed by Columbia University. 

These are the common travel expenses most students experience, but not all of them. If you have a question about a travel expense not listed here, see your adviser for help.


Undergraduate Student Life


510-515 Alfred Lerner Hall
2920 Broadway
New York, NY 10027

Call: (212) 854-3612

Fax: (212) 854-9801

Office Hours
9:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.

Student Groups & Events

Get your student group news and event information and manage your group memberships.