- The OMA has expanded its partnership with Columbia Athletics through offering new opportunities and programming for the community, including:
- Workshop on Ally Building and Bystander Intervention as part of Athletics' First Year Transition Program (with peer facilitation support from students from Under1Roof, Barnard's Well Woman program, SVR/RC) (September 2013)
- Student Athlete Ally Week (October 2013)
- As part of a larger partnership with offices across Columbia and Barnard (including Sexual Violence Response, Alice Health Promotion, Barnard Well Woman, Residential Programs, Athletics), training of student-athlete leaders on the STEP UP! Bystander Intervention program. These leaders will then facilitate workshops for the larger Athletics communty. (November 2013 and ongoing)
- As part of continual efforts to further enhance students' experience and the usefulness of the Under1Roof program, the program has two significant changes this year: (August 2013)
- Session assignments are assigned based on living communities, rather than by OL groups. (Exceptions would be those students who switch sessions and those who may attend as part of their pre-orientation program.)
- As part of the larger STEP UP! bystander intervention collaboration (with SVR/RC, Alice!, Well Women, Athletics, Residential Programs, and many other Columbia and Barnard partners), the curriculum included information on bystander intervention methods.
- The OMA and the Center for Ethnicity and Race hosted the first indigenous student mixer during NSOP. (August 2013)