CC'20, use the suggestions below to prepare for Virtual Class Day!
Get Ready to Join in the Virtual Celebration
Be Part of the Class of 2020 Collage! (Deadline: Monday, May 4)
Submit your reflections to be included in the Class of 2020 Collage. The collage will launch on the Columbia College website on Wednesday, May 20, the day of University Commencement.
You voted; we listened. Check out the “20 for 2020 Playlist” for the songs you chose as the soundtrack to your Columbia experience.
Share the links to the virtual Class Day and University Commencement ceremonies with family and friends.
Wherever your loved ones are in the world, they will be able to tune in to celebrate with you! A recording of the Class Day and University Commencement ceremonies will also be available for later viewing on the virtual ceremony website.
- Add the ceremonies to your calendar, and don’t forget to take into account any time difference.
Columbia College Class Day — Tuesday, May 19, 10:00 a.m. EDT
University Commencement — Wednesday, May 20, 11:00 a.m. EDT
Michael Edmonson CC’20
“I know your separation from each other during what should be a
memorable senior year is a disappointing loss. At the same time,
there is a collective experience you are each living through that
truly makes this the most noteworthy senior year imaginable.”
- Deantini, April 2020
- Dress up (or not) and brush your hair (or not) before all of those video celebrations.
- Queue up the broadcast page for Columbia College Class Day.
- Start your watch party on social media, a text group, video conferencing, etc.
- Check the virtual program to see your name in the list of graduates.
- Share messages of celebration and thanks with fellow grads, friends, family members, faculty or staff by using the hashtags #CC20STILLROARS and #MYCCJOURNEY. Your messages will be featured in the live social media display on the Class Day broadcast page.
- Help us showcase our community's celebratory moments! Please submit pictures of your Class Day and University Commencement celebrations by Friday, May 22 for the chance to be highlighted in the Facebook photo album for the Columbia College Class of 2020! A link to the album will be sent by email to all graduates and their families in the week following graduation.
- Prepare for your official moment of graduation during University Commencement. When President Bollinger confers the degrees, you will officially become a College alum!
- Queue up a graduation playlist on a music streaming service or make your own personal playlist, with New York, New York, Empire State of Mind and other Class Day classics.
- Sing along to Columbia’s Fight Song, Roar, Lion, Roar to feel the Columbia Blue coursing through you.
- Following University Commencement on Wednesday, May 20, be sure to check out the Empire State Building’s live feed to see it illuminated in Columbia Blue in your honor!
Finally, become a True (Columbia Blue) Alum!
Check out the community, programs and resources available to you through the Columbia College Alumni Association
Join the Alumni Representative Committee (ARC) to interview prospective Columbia students, represent Columbia at college fairs, and attend events for admitted students.
Find a mentor or alum connection through Odyssey Mentoring to receive support and guidance from your College community.