Upon graduation, you will join a global community of nearly 300,000 alumni. As you enter this stage of your Columbia experience, you will have numerous opportunities to stay connected to Columbia and your peers, as well as resources you may continue to access as a Columbia alumnus/a.
Upon graduation, you will automatically become members of the Columbia College Alumni Association (CCAA) or the Columbia Engineering Alumni Association (CEAA), school-based associations that help to create the vibrant connections between alumni, students, faculty, parents and friends. By updating your contact information (for CC or SEAS), you will have access to an online directory of alumni; Columbia events, arts, and cultural happenings; networking opportunities; email forwarding; and special discounts and offers.
University Alumni Clubs
With nearly 40 University alumni clubs in the United States and Puerto Rico and more than 40 international clubs that host both networking and social events, you will never be far from fellow alumni.
Alumni Representative Committee (ARC)
ARC members help the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and share their Columbia enthusiasm with future students by interviewing applicants, representing Columbia at local college fairs, and hosting regional programs for admitted students. Fill out the ARC interest form if you would like to get involved, and the ARC will contact you in October when interviewing season begins!
As an undergraduate student at Columbia, you have had unrivaled access to on-campus resources, many of which will extend beyond graduation. Listed below are a few examples of the support services available to Columbia alumni.
Center for Career Education
Columbia University’s Center for Career Education works with undergraduate and graduate students and alumni to help them define career goals and gain meaningful work experiences through:
- LionSHARE internship/jobs database
- Spring and summer internship programs
- Career Fairs: Fall and Spring Career Fairs, Engineering Consortium Career Fair, and Start-up Career Fair
- Alumni Connections and networking events, including Engineering Student-Alumni Speed Networking, Columbia Career Connections on LinkedIn, Employer Site Visits, and Professionals in Residence
- Individual career counseling, workshops, and online resources to help with internship/job applications, interviewing, networking, negotiations, and the decision to pursue graduate school
Housed in the Berick Center for Student Advising, Preprofessional Advising supports alumni who are interested in applying to law and/or medical school.