Family Weekend is a campus-wide celebration of families that runs concurrent with Homecoming. We have a series of intellectual, informational, and social events planned for you in the hopes that you will experience, if only for a brief weekend, what it means to be a Columbia University student.
Family Weekend 2017
We hope everyone who joined us at Family Weekend had a wonderful time! Check out out Facebook album, and be sure to tag your own pictures with #ColumbiaFamily.
We are also already planning for Family Weekend 2018, and you can help us by sharing your thoughts by taking our online survey today.
Helpful Hints and Tips
- Please have photo ID! Residence hall security requires that all guests (including parents) provide photo ID to enter the residences.
- Remember to wear your Family Weekend name badge for all of our events. It will ensure you are able to access event venues.
- Your Family Weekend name badge is required for access to Alfred Lerner Hall and all Family Weekend events.
- It is a busy time of year, so don't forget to check-in with your student about when they will have time to step away from the books and spend with family.
- Check the weather. Dress casually and for comfort (and wear sensible shoes).
- Refer to the Morningside Disability Access Map to help identify campus accessibility and contact Disability Services with any questions.
- All food will be labeled to aid those with special dietary considerations.