Join us for Columbia's newest tradition, Q Splash, a queer/trans-friendly, body-positive pool party! Columbia College students can also take their swim test. Open to all undergraduate students.
Gender-inclusive locker rooms open: 3:30-5:30pm
Q Splash in Uris Pool: 3:45-5pm
For details (including full guidelines, clothing info, and swim test): http://bit.ly/Qsplash
We ask that you sign in at the door as a written statement that you agree to these guidelines:
- Q Splash is a trans, queer, body-positive undergraduate pool party. We welcome the presence of allies. In this space, we aim to hold ourselves and others accountable to avoid demeaning, disrespectful, or hateful behavior. Please respect the various identities that people hold in this space.
- Locker rooms leading into Uris pool are gender-inclusive during the event. More info below.
- Wear what makes you comfortable (as much or as little as you want) and what is functional for you to swim/ move around in the pool. Genitals have to be covered. Nipples do not have to be covered.
- We are not responsible for items left in the locker rooms, pool area, and viewing areas.
- No pictures are allowed at Q Splash to maintain the safety and privacy of our participants.
- Respect the space, privacy, and bodies of the people around you. Ask for consent.
- The Safety Monitors, who are students on the Queer and Trans Student Advisory Board and members of the Multicultural Affairs staff, are here to keep you safe! Look for the people wearing the rainbow sashes. If you feel uncomfortable for any reason or have questions or concerns, please let us know.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org