Welcome to Columbia! The James H. and Christine Turk Berick Center for Student Advising (CSA) aims to provide an integrated advising experience for all students in Columbia College and Columbia Engineering.
Please take a few moments to look over our advising videos, which will show you everything from how to register to what classes you should choose. They are designed to prepare Columbia College, Columbia Engineering, Transfer, and Combined Plan students for both their first advising appointment and fall registration.
Log into LionMail (Be sure to check your LionMail regularly throughout the summer)
Registration Information (How to register for classes and how to petition to change a pre-registered core class)
Petitions to change pre-registere core classes (Literature Humanities, University Writing, Frontiers of Science)
Placement Exam Information (Placement exams will be during NSOP, a full schedule will be available in late August)
Pre-Health Workshops for Incoming Students (during NSOP)
- Vergil (Your Personal Course Planning Guide)
- SSOL (Student Services Online)
- Directory of Classes
- CC Bulletin
- SEAS Bulletin
- Academic Planning Guide
- How to sign up for an appointment with your advising dean
- Premedical Handbook
- Office of Global Programs (Study Abroad)
- Fellowships Office
- The Iliad: CC Students should read books 1-6 over the summer. You will receive your full copy of the book during NSOP.
- Housing Office
- Immunization Office (For questions, call 212-854-7210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student Financial Services
- Financial Aid Office
- Federal Work Study Job Search
- Center for Career Education (Internship and Job Search Information)