Are you interested the field of Petroleum Engineering? Would you like to learn more through a hands-on undergraduate research opportunity?
The Summer Undergraduate Research Internship (SURI) brings together innovative undergraduate minds from across the country to The University of Texas at Austin Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering (UT PGE) Department to research hot energy topics with world-class faculty members. Interns receive an insider look at graduate level work conducted at UT PGE, home to the #1 petroleum engineering graduate program in the country, according to US News & World Report. In addition to participating in meaningful academic research, interns learn about the diverse areas of petroleum and geosystems engineering and build strong relationships with their cohort.
We are currently accepting applications for summer 2017.
- The program starts Monday, June 5 and concludes Friday, August 11, 2017 (10 weeks)
- Deadline to apply is Thursday, January 19 by midnight
Requirements to apply:
- Must have a 3.25 GPA or higher
- Have completed at least 45 hours of credit at your current 4-year institution
- Must not be a current freshmen or a graduating senior
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Will fully commit to the 10-week program
- Be majoring in any engineering discipline, geosciences, math, or natural sciences
- $4,000 stipend for 10-weeks of full-time work
- Travel funds to Austin
- On-campus housing with meal plan
For more information or to apply to SURI, please visit the UT PGE website: www.pge.utexas.edu
If you have any questions, please contact Jessica Jimenez (Jessica.email@example.com)